Thursday, April 12, 2007

EGG tart, anyone?

OK lah, i really, kinda quite fancy tan (meaning egg in chinese) tart de. Even back in Malaysia, I'll always ask my mum to get it from the morning market or from the restaurant selling dim sum (oooo... dim sum also another one of my favourites). But seriuosly, besides London, don't seem to be able to find any nice/edible tan tart. The worst so far is the one sold by the bakery in Glasgow Chinatown. SUX to the max! The egg custard is so watery.... eeewwww....pui pui.

The next best tan tart I've tasted so far in Glasgow is the one by New Loong Fong (chinese restaurant serving dim sum along Sauchiehall St.). Sadly, they've stopped producing the eggy tarts liau. Always give excuse saying that the oven is not fixed kononnya.

When we went to Manchester, we saw this pleasant-looking bakery near the Chinatown, & told ourselves (Eunice & I): "We must go there before going back to Glasgow."
The tan tarts over there's not bad lah... Here's a glimpse of those beautiful tan tarts that we tumpang Joe to buy (he stopped over at Manchester b4 coming back to Glasgow from London).

from Wong Wong Bakery

1/2 dozen of tan tarts

Closer pic of the eggy tart

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

I will not agree on it. I think warm-hearted post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to be familiar with the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such themes. I love to read stories like this. Just add some pics :)

Anonymous said...

good evening fellas. I'm really into shoes and I had been looking for that particular make. The prices for the velcros are approximately 300 dollars everwhere. But finally I base this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good morning friends. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for that meticulous brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are all over 200 dollars on every page. But for all I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what can you say about it?